Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lindsey Bauer-Casting Project

I chose to cast a minion...well, a bunch of minions (thirty-five) out of plaster. I chose to make them out of plaster, because I thought it was the best material to use for the minions, with how much time was given and needed. But due to the lack of time to make multiple minions; for the last eight minions that were casted, they still had quite a bit of moisture in them, so I was unable to do much with them and that is why only twenty-seven minions were displayed. 




Painting was kind of a pain and time consuming as well. I chose to do some of the minions's pants different colors from the original blue ones, because I thought it would be fun to show more than one color, and in the movies ('Despicable Me' and 'Despicable Me 2'), each minion seems to have their own personality and a different character about them that separates them from the rest, but still look similar. In my case, I only had one minion mold, and because they weren't all different, I showed how they were different by painting some of their pants different colors. Even though making thirty-five minions out of plaster was very time consuming, I actually kind of enjoyed this project overall.










No comments:

Post a Comment